Lansing & East Lansing, Michigan
- Lansing is located in the center of Michigan, 90 miles west of Detroit and 250 miles northeast of Chicago.
- Greater Lansing has a population of nearly one half million people.
- Number Six in the Top 10 Places to Live for Young Adult Professionals by Kiplinger in 2010.
- It has the attributes of a mid size city and small town hospitality, modest cost of living and lots to do.
- Centers for Performing Arts (Wharton, Breslin, etc)
- Potter Park Zoo and the Gardens at Michigan State
- Lake Lansing, County Parks and Nature Centers with canoeing, fishing, skiing and biking
- Lansing Lugnuts: Class A baseball team associated with Blue Jays
- MSU Big Ten Sporting events: National Champs Basketball, Football, etc
- Lansing River Trail
- Lansing City Market
- Lansing Old Town
- Michigan State University in East Lansing:
- Intramural sports and exercise facilities, pools, and Forest Akers Golf Course
- Historic MSU museum
- Brand new (2011) Art Museum
- The MSU Dairy Store serves fresh ice cream year-round
- Thousands of parks and lakes (including the Great Lakes themselves)
- Hundreds of festivals year-round
- Historic Makinac Island
- Wine tours: 8th largest producer of wine in the U.S.
- Beauty: sand dunes, shores, wineries, apple orchards, golf courses, cross country biking and skiing to enjoy in all four seasons
More information at: