HOW TO APPLY
The Sparrow Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency is a three-year residency program. We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for PGY-1 match positions. We welcome allopathic and osteopathic applicants. In order to apply, you must have completed the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) Step 1 or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination of the United States Step 1 (COMLEX).
The ERAS application:
- Personal statement
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Results of USMLE/COMPLEX Step 1 and Step 2, if available. We do not have specific cut-off scores for application consideration
- Three letters of recommendation: We require that one be from an emergency medicine physician. We accept the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD) Standardized Letter of Evaluation (SLOE) and encourage one SLOE to be submitted for the 2020-2021 year.
International medical graduate (IMG) applications must include:
- A copy of your ECFMG certification
- At least three letters of recommendation
- The hospital DOES accept J-1 visas. It does NOT accept H1B visas.
DEADLINES AND INTERVIEW SCHEDULING
Our formal application deadline for submitting applications is November 1st. Interviews will be offered to applicants with completed applications starting in the last week of October. We do not offer interviews before November. Interview offers are sent via e-mail through Interview Broker. Available dates for interviews will occur on Wednesdays throughout November until early February and will all be occurring virtually for the 2020-2021 academic year.